Thursday 1 April 2010

The great love story...


It’s the glorious time of year again that I just absolutely love. EASTER!
Nothing to do with chocolate, holidays or time of work, but because it’s all about Jesus: and not simply just about a person, but an ‘action’ that this person did that changed the course of the entire world.

What happened to Jesus on the cross was truly astounding. It’s not just a story, a gruesome story at that, but a plan that was set out from the beginning of the world in an attempt to restore creation back to it’s creator.
I love this rescue story.

What I love even more about it, is that over the last few years I’ve really understood it. The ‘completed’ work of the cross. The ‘finished’ work of Jesus. The reality that everything I need in life flows from that great act of love, the great exchange of His life for mine and that completely blows my mind.
I don’t need to try and get, I don’t need ‘more faith’ before I receive – I simply need to believe in the last few words that my Jesus spoke on the cross ‘it is finished’.
I have no doubt today, that God is urging us to see that all was provided for us at the cross. Our salvation, our healing, dare I say prosperity (controversial) our freedom.
Label me a health and wealth gospel preacher all you like – I would rather believe that the victory of my Lord on that great day, defeating EVERYTHING that I struggle with is actually true according to HIS word, not mine.
There is power in the cross. I don’t need to do anything but receive what Jesus provided.

The enemy has done a fantastic job at convincing people that they need to add to the work of Jesus. There is nothing to add, it is complete.

This Easter chose to REST in all that Jesus has done for you.

“It is done, It is won
The battle is over now
It is done”

Amen and a big THANK YOU TO MY MAN JC :)

No comments: