Tuesday 29 May 2012

Audience of One

So this morning I was completely caught of guard not realising it was Josie's nursery performance today. A few songs to all the mummies and daddies to mark the end of the year and of course the big move to P1.

I have to say a big hand to the teachers who try to co-ordinate 4 year olds to do anything in sync. Giggles and lots of waving had us lost in the moment as our little ones did their very best to perform.
As all the kids where completely distracted every 20 seconds - there was one little boy whose whole posture looked different to the rest of the class. He was standing offset - not facing the front but angled in my direction and he wasn't breaking eye contact with his
Daddy who I was sitting beside.
Here was a kid - it didn't matter what everyone else was doing, he wasn't singing to the room, he was singing to one person and one person only.
It was a beautiful thing to watch and then the killer - he pointed to his eye, then his heart and then his dad and I was gone trying to hold back a few tears.

As I watched this little boy I remembered a song from my teenage years about serving an audience of one. I realise that so many times we can get so distracted in the play, our part alongside the rest of the cast, the people who are watching, getting it right and yet miss the point that it's simply entertaining for the director to watch us enjoy what he has so cleverly written and created for us to enjoy.

I'm reminded today that this is all about Him. I'm blown away that his gaze is on me the whole time because he simply loves me.

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its my first in good time always to fill someone in on on this forum,neutral wannat pushy some friends here.if its not allowed to record on this food,please strike out this thread.Nice to find you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]