Friday 18 January 2008

Graceful Performance.....

At age 18 GRACE became a word that totally revolutionized by life, and my relationship with God reached a whole other level.

It's the 19th January 2008, I'm now 26 and I'm sitting in bed reading Grace: The Power of the Gospel by Andrew Wommack. Once again I sit totally in awe of this amazing free gift.
I've just realised how this one small word is the biggest part of my relationship with God. I'm now wondering what I've been doing in the last 8 years, because somewhere down the line I'd forgotten this.

Grace amazed me in my late teens and all I wanted to do was live for God who gave me this wonderful free gift. Serving Him was amazing. In the years of all the serving (and I only know this now looking back) I've slipped into my old thinking of trying to please God through my serving.
I know that it pleases Him, but it doesn't put me any more in rightstanding with Him. He loves me. God loves Jill Boyd. Jesus died for Jill Boyd. And the Holy Spirit living in Jill Boyd has gently showed me once again that Godly truth, that He loves me no matter what.

The performance doesn't matter to Him.
But it matters to me. A performance this time, not to earn any more approval (theres no more to earn). But a performance of sheer gratitude out of a heart that's bursting with joy, knowing that if she messes up the performance, it doesn't matter anyway.
The cross finished it.
Jesus paid it all.

4 comments:

Jason Craig said...

Hi Jill, thanks for the encouragement. So which chapter do you most fit in? would you like to write that one?

Dave Parkinson said...

I like the thoughts...keep er' lit!

Steve McCready said...

I was preaching tonight on grace, and I used you and your blog as an illustration. hope you dont mind! I think I need you to email me a recommended reading list sometime!! It is as if you are exactly where I am in my spiritual journey, only you are able to articulate your feelings

Anonymous said...

God's grace wow AMAZING
this is a video i made a while ago, based on u2 song grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXEOEjRfDUs