Monday 3 September 2007

Seriously....

So I'm here, ready to join the blogging world. Totally surprised at how easy it is to do - so now there's no excuse really.
I'm totally bewildered at the fact I have no recent/decent photos of me in the last year, so the pic is a from a few years ago, so I must get clicking to get a more recent one.

So I've 7 weeks or so to go before the grand (and by that I mean painful) arrival of baby number 2. I still can't believe it sometimes that I'm a mum already let alone nearly a mum of 2.
I'm excited, way more scared this time cos I know what it involves, but totally waiting in expectation to see what appears at the end of October.

I guess the big thing for us is the anticipation and hope that this baby won't have cystic fibrosis. I'm not exactly sure what I honestly feel about this yet - haven't thought about it too much to be perfectly honest, because I know that it's out of my control.
In my heart of hearts though, deep down, my instinct (or spirit) is telling me that it's completely healthy.
2 days before finding out that I was pregnant, I was getting ready and felt God prompting me to pray for our next baby - and to pray specifically for chromosome number 7.

To be perfectly honest I felt a bit stupid as I sat there with my hand on my tummy and spoke health and perfection into something that I thought wasn't there. Little did I know - God was already knitting this new baby together and 2 days later we found out we where pregnant.

I haven't really shared this with anyone - I guess part of me doesn't want my instinct to be wrong. There's something scary about being bold enough to make such statements in fear that the outcome will be different.

I was reading the book of Daniel recently - where Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego where placed into the fiery furnace. Before the door is closed they say - "our God will save us, but even if he doesn't we want you to know that we will never serve you."
God's sovereignty is never in question!! God is always good no matter what. God will heal, but even if He doesn't He'll still be Lord.

So that's my thoughts for the day lol - and it's heart on my sleeve where I'm at.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, Your faith is really inspiring and you are right, God is still an almighty and powerful God even if he choses to do something different from what you want or expect.

Nix Fell said...

Loving your honesty Mrs - feel like I've been privaledged to a glimpse at your soul. Humbled, inspired and grateful - thanks. x

Nico Fell said...

You speak from the heart and I look forward to reading more. Keep on keepin on! This verse came to mind when reading your post.

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill
Sounds to me like Jesus is annointing you with Holy Spirit discernment. Jesus has been spending a lot of time with our fellowship making sure we get the clear message that He is good! Sounds simple at first but when you get the revelation of that fact it can blow your mind!

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John10:10

I want to agree with you in the name of Jesus that this baby receives full blessings and is healthy - free from all sickness (because God is good and that is his will - no doubt)

I strongly believe that this is the tip of the iceberg for you and your family and that you are about to see blessings pressed down and running over! Fasten your seatbelt !

Would really love to meet up for a coffee (I know Nic and Nico by the way in case you want to check me out!)
Loads of love & blessings
Angela