Saturday 17 November 2007

Bad Googling.....



I went online last night with the intentions of ordering some Christmas Cards from the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Every little helps in the fight to find a cure!
I think I may have made the fatal error of having a wee nosey round their site. Something I haven't done in the 2 years of Lily being here and being diagnosed with that condition believe it or not. And it has totally freaked me out.

There's everything on there - including a 'star in the sky' memorial page, for families to assign a star to the person they've lost to CF. It's hard to close the page - so I found myself clicking on several stars just to see the faces of people who have lost their lives to this condition. The positive thing was that most of recent additions where adults - but all around 30. It does show that the survival age/rate has increased, but on the down side there still is no cure.

So instead of closing the page I went on another search to see what I could find. And I found blogs, bebo pages all dedicated to spreading the awareness of the condition.

Like it or not, this condition affects us. I don't want to outlive my daughter - who does? That's not the way it should be.
If anything it's made even more anxious about her healing. I believe God is protecting her, but to see her healing manifest itself is really what I long for.

I guess when I look at Lily I don't see someone who is sick - anything but. Facts tell me though that as she gets older the disease in theory should present itself more clearly. She'll be admitted to hospital for most of her life - till she eventually might struggle breathing.

So what do we do in moments like this?

Do I choose to believe the facts - expecting this chain of events to occur in Lilys life? Do I accept that, because someone or a website tells me that it's going to happen?

How easy it is to believe doctors. But as intelligent as they are - they don't have the last word. There's a name bigger than cystic fibrosis, in fact bigger than any disease or illness. It's not as in your face believable as the so-called 'facts' so it's not as easy to accept the chain of events that can take place through faith in this name.

But the truth is as a Christian - I should have more trouble believing the facts and the natural than believing the spiritual because the spiritual should be the reality in my life. The spiritual declares health, healing and wholeness - and that needs to be reality. That needs to be fact.

I guess this is what is known as living by faith and not by sight.

So I'm choosing faith - and refuse to accept this so called chain of events for Lily.

5 comments:

Lesley Mamie said...

Wow, i can totally relate you with the battle of healing. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year ago and i know that my condition won't affect how long i live for but i still understand the frustration and how hard it can be to trust God with the outcome of healing!

lilytodd said...

Thanks for saying 'hi' Jill,

I'm floored by this post, I can't imagine the struggles you fight on a daily basis dealing with this illness. Your girls are beautiful, I pray you all find your way through...

You probably sussed I'm a big Bluetree fan,(slightly embarrassed by that, didn't really think anyone would read it.) I know Pete C. through New Irish, so I bought the album in preparation for the Dec gig and I can't wait for it, should be a great night.

Keep writing, we all gain a lot from seeing one another's honesty.

Love d x

Anonymous said...

Boydo's

I just wanted to add that we as your friends and family are standind with on this one. I know it can be difficult when you are confronted with medical facts but you are so spot on when you say that God has the final say. Keep standing on that and keep speaking out His words of truth, healing and deliverance over wee lil.

God does have a fantastic future for Lily - his promises that he whispers over her are indeed beautiful (to quote Erwin...) and we will not stop until the Doctors agree with what God says about Lily - and that is a promise. What an amazing day that will be.

We love ya

Toogoods xx

Steve McCready said...

Hey Jill, your blog has reminded me of the reality of God and faith, but also the importance of friends, family, life, love and laughter. You two are amazing parents and you are doing a great job of filling Lily's life with all that great stuff and we will trust God to fill her life with all the stuff that you can't.
To quote a great prophet, "greater things have yet to come and greater things have still to be done!"
Lots of love

Anonymous said...

Jill, HEY PAMELA IS IN DUBLIN SPEAKING TONIGHT & BELFAST TOMORROW UNTIL 4 DEC STAYING W/ LOUIS & JANE... SHE'D LUV 2 C U! ANYHOW

Wow after running a marathon for both of our sons...I feel you, on an older blog I want ranting about how I want to have "faith" for the now so my kids can have their childhood!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOSIE!!! TELL AARON I LOVE IM & GOD BLESS BRIRELAND!